Elvis Wilson is an award-winning screenwriter and filmmaker best known for his documentary feature BEING LINCOLN, MEN WITH HATS (Showtime, The Documentary Channel). In addition to his documentary work, he has written and created a motion portfolio of music videos, broadcast commercials, industrial films and online content over his 27 years in advertising.
Some of Elvis’ career highlights include:
- The 2014 Tennessee Screenwriter award winner at the Nashville Film Festival
- The 2010 and 2014 winner of the Tennessee Screenwriters Screenplay Competition
- Three-time finalist at the Beverly Hills Film Festival Screenwriting Competition
- Top 15% showing in the Nicholl Fellowship
- Written and directed 4 short films, all of which have screened at various film festivals
- Written 5 feature screenplays, all of which have won or advanced in major and regional screenwriting competitions
- BEING LINCOLN was the opening night film at the 2008 Derby City Film Festival (now called The Louisville Film Festival)
- Honored with the “best dramatic scene” award for DON’T WAKE THE BABY, a short film screened at the inaugural East Nashville Film Festival.